Friday, May 27, 2011

Interview with N. Scott Momaday

Prompt: "If you could conduct an interview with any of the writers we have encountered this quarter, who would you interview? Why? What would you ask him or her?"

I would really be interested in listening to N. Scott Momaday. Would he be as crazy all over the place in conversation as in his writing? I would like to ask for his clarification on his essay, "The Man Made of Words". I might ask, "have you ever experienced something like this, and is that why you chose to write this?" (with the underlying question being, "Mr. Momaday, have you ever smoked something?") I do not mean to take anything away from his work, but I am merely curious as to how one comes about writing such strange and complex pieces without loosing focus in the actual act of writing.

So now I ask, what would YOU want to know about his work, his writing style, or what inspired him?

1 comment:

  1. I would ask him something similar, like "What provoked or inspired you to write like this?" or "Do you know anyone else with your particular writing style?"
    I feel that all writers are provoked to write a certain way for some reason, and I would be curious to see what those reasons are as well.

    ReplyDelete