Sunday, May 15, 2011

With Six Words

"For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn." was the six word short story that Ernest Hemingway wrote. This constitutes to a story and people can interpret it any way they want. With only six words, you can have a beginning, middle and end. A six word story gets to straight to the main point and people interpret it depending on their personal perspectives and views about different subjects. My personal interpretation of this story was that someone was selling baby shoes because they did not have any used of it especially since it was never worn. Then I also thought about maybe a baby did not fit the shoes therefore the shoes were being sold. This shows that short stories allow multiply meanings for the person reading it which allows them to be curious to what the real story is actually about.

The little things make me smile.

We are ready, the journey begins.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your six worded story "The little things make me smile" because it evokes not only happy emotions, but brings up many memories of my own which I think was the main aim of Hemingway's six worded short stories. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the six word story idea! Short and simple often times makes the biggest impact. There can be so many interpretations that can be made off the top of your head, its really a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete