Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jancie Gould

I really enjoyed hearing some of the poems from her books. They were very personal and sort of a gateway to her life and her experiences as well. They were in all different subjects, such as her life experiences or even just the nature of places she has been or seen. I liked the way she explained to us the messages behind the poems or the events that lead up to her writing the poem. Its really good to get an insight into the writers motivation and see what inspired her to write the poem and Janice gave us that experience when she explained to us things that were happening in her life at the time that she was writing her poetry. overall, I enjoyed it...

2 comments:

  1. I agree-- it was very interesting to hear the poet read her poems, that's not something that happens very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed how her poems really did not have any hidden meaning to them, but were simply collections of experiences. It made me enjoy them a lot more!

    ReplyDelete